Saturday, April 28, 2012

Snoring toy

I've been trying to liquidate the ridiculous amount of toys we have accumulated the past four years. After Logan turned four this month, it seemed especially urgent that I do this, so I thought I would collect and bag up the toys that were seldom used. The boys would never notice, right? I had grand visions of making a killing by having a yard sale early this summer.

Of course, Logan broke into the storage last week and emptied all of my work onto the basement floor. "These toys are great!" he says. Ah, the novelty of it all...Days later I managed to pack up the toys again. Two toys make annoying noises; amazingly, their batteries haven't run down and I see no way to shut them off. If you hit them a certain way, one of them makes a snoring noise, one sounds like a dump truck. My parents are visiting this weekend, and I could see they were a little concerned with the piles of things that have accumulated in our laundry room. Among the accumulated piles are the toys...and, of course, the perpetual piles of, duh, laundry that always has to be done. Anyway, my mom and I were talking in the laundry room where I had left the toys, and the snoring toy kept going off. We asked Logan which toy made the snoring noise. "That's Papa George!" he said. Pretty funny.

And the question remains, should I have a yard sale, or should I just stop kidding myself, take those bags of toys to Goodwill and be done with it!?

No comments: