Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Not yet two, going on...

Auden has always been a funny kid. When Logan is whining or crying about something, Auden mocks him by puckering up his face and making this funny high-pitched "wha, wha." He likes to rub anything gooey in his hair. He'll have blank paper in front of him but prefers to draw all over himself. Funny stuff.

But these days, he's showing some spunk.

Tonight we had pizza because we couldn't use our kitchen since Eric is tiling the floor. So, of course I want a Pepsi with my pizza, but I gave the kids water because I don't want them all hopped up on caffeine and I had just caught them sneaking Swedish Fish that were meant for Auden's birthday party. By the time I had finished dinner, I still hadn't drunk all of my soda, and I was picking up, shuttling things into the kitchen, when I came back to the table to see Auden stretched over the table, craning his neck to sip my soda after I had told him he couldn't have it. So, I gave him a time out. As I'm sitting him in the corner, he reaches up to hug me: "I wuv you, momma. I wuv you, momma." I managed to keep a straight face, but the laugh was still breaking in my voice.

Eric was putting him to bed tonight, and he walked out of his room four or five times. Annoyed, Eric was pretty stern with him. Auden's face crumpled; he started to cry. Then he whimpered "Fine!" and went to bed.

No comments: