Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yeah, Cards!



I just had to do it. Today, while running some errands, I paraded my boys around in their St. Louis Cardinals hats in honor of their World Game Series win. I did get a few snooty, disapproving looks from (I can only assume) Cubs fans here and there, but we were happy to represent.

On a sad note, we found out today that my parents had to put their dog, Bart, to sleep yesterday. I always joked that Bart was their midlife crisis furry baby, and I'm so sad for them and Greggie--Bart was a wonderful pal, and we're all so sad that he got so sick so suddenly, that he had to go like this. Hope you're enjoying an exciting romp in the great beyond, buddy. We'll miss you...

4 comments:

grammy renee said...

Love the new family picture and the Cardinals hats! They are adorable.
Thanks for the kind words for Bart. I too, hope that he is having an exciting romp. Things are too calm around here without him.

leah said...

Sorry to hear about your parent's pup!! That is so so sad!

But man, what an attractive family!! Print ads, here come the Hills!!
:)
Hope you have a Happy Halloween!!

Papa George said...

Where the Puppy Dogs Roam

Someday, we’ll all go Home,
Where the puppy dogs roam.

We’ll play fetch, and keep-away, then run in the park,
We’ll chase squirrels and kissy cats from morning til dark.

Long car rides on windy, country roads with the windows rolled down,
Ears flopping in the breeze, tongue panting, ‘til we roll back to town.

We’ll nap in the sunshine; snooze in the shade,
Then wake up suddenly! Is dinner FINALLY made?
The postman, our friend, he brings us the mail,
You bark to greet him with that long, waggy tail.

Bark, Bark, Bark, you’re finally home!
Bark, Bark Bark, you’re STILL on that phone!
Bark, Bark, Bark, I WANT MY BONE!

I’ll lie down beside you to kiss your warm head,
It’s nighttime now, let’s crawl off to bed.
Tomorrow will begin yet another fine day,
We’ll run and we’ll frolic; we’ll laugh and we’ll play.

When our lives are spent, this time here will end,
You are now and forever my closest, dearest friend.

Someday, when we’re all alone, we’ll go Home,
To where the puppy dogs roam.

Forever, in my heart,
We love you Bart!

Carly said...

Aww, what a nice poem, dad. Brought tears to my eyes. :( Thanks for sharing it.