Sunday, September 2, 2012

Frogs and Friends

We went to the lake house today with our neighbors. It was a beautiful breezy day and the boys had so much fun playing and swimming with their friends. Nate, the dad component of our neighbors, and Eric drove crazily around a crowded lake on the wave runner.

There is either the dumbest or bravest of bullfrogs who likes to hang out at the dock, and Eric once again caught him in the net for the kids to see. He even let Zion, Logan, and Joylin hold him this time. Wish I had some pictures, but alas, I forgot the camera. Another image I wish I could share is all of the kids lined up on the back of the pontoon boat, legs stretched out and toes dangling over the seat. I wondered if years from now I'd be able to look at the picture and pick out Logan and Auden's heads from the crowd. (Our neighbors have four kids, so it was a bit of a crowd today.)

Since I'm dealing with some sort of yucky cold/flu virus (oh, my aching and stuffy head, my sore throat, oh, the chills...), we decided to take off after dinner time. But we prolonged the trip enough to make a roadside stop and pet and fed some horses. Logan wants one. So does Auden....and Eric. Of course.

We hope you're enjoying your Labor Day!

No comments: