Monday, September 10, 2012

Haircut

This weekend was a rather eventful one. Eric's coaching cross country, so he's gone until early evening through the week and all day on Saturdays. I spent most of Saturday doing what I usually do on Saturdays: Doing housework. But this time I had games to get ready for our Sunday school kick off as well. It didn't make for a happy Carly situation.

I seriously need to find a way to change my habits so that I don't get so crabby. Between wrangling the boys and trying to catch up with the household chores solo, my mood usually goes south. Maybe this weekend, I'll just take all of the junk that's littering the house and all the dirty clothes, make a nice pile in our patio fireplace, and torch it all. We could make s'mores. That would surely improve my mood--enjoying a delicious treat while tidying up a bit.

Anyway, the games were a success on Sunday, and we stopped by Kite Fest afterward. It was perfect weather--the breeziest we've seen the fest, so all of the huge kites were out. Logan flew his dragon kite solo again this year and had fun...until it wasn't fun anymore. Auden was enjoying his new cropped cut...oh, yes. Eric decided to cut Auden's long hair, which I really loved...with clippers. It was horrible. His bangs, cut horribly short, straight across, made him look like Jim Carrey's character in Dumb and Dumber, and his hair was still long in the back, which looked startlingly similar to a mullet. I had to do something. So I took him to the Hair Cuttery. The woman who cut his hair was politely tight-lipped about his hair until I explained the situation: Daddy decided to cut his hair. "Don't worry, hun. I'm just going to start with a 3 and fade it toward the top. It will be finger-length, but it will look fine again." And it does, look fine, that is. He just doesn't look like my little boy anymore. How can a haircut make a kid look like he's grown a foot and put on a few pounds? Anyway, I'll post a picture soon. Mom, you won't recognize him this weekend. Be prepared! :)

1 comment:

EM Hum said...

LOL. There are days I am downright murderous before 8AM. And it nearly always has to do with the level of destruction in the house.