Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Precious

This weekend Logan thought it would be a great idea to go through all of our board games in our play room/basement. He hit nearly all of them. Cranium, Blokus, Risk (Lord of the Rings edition), Stratego, Battleship...the list goes on. As a result, this afternoon was spent picking up said games, which were strewn all across the basement floor. I had Auden and Logan sorting the LOTR Risk pieces, which consist of a crap load of elves, orcs, trolls, humans, and dwarves. Oh, and there's a pretty convincing ring of power as a game piece. In fact, I thought it was one of Eric's long-lost wedding bands until I did a double-take and realized it was yellow gold...and was adorned with elvish scrawl. Anyway, Logan found it, quickly snatched it up, and said, "Oh! This is so pretty! I love it!"
"Would you say it's precious?" I couldn't resist.
"Yes, precious! That's it. My precious ring." He even petted it lovingly.
When he wasn't looking, I put the ring back in the box. I'm not taking my chances. We don't need any of those shenanigans unleashed around our house. :)

No comments: