Monday, December 10, 2012

Summertime

I know, it's a strange title for a post in December, but I just wanted to record a nice memory. Auden always asks for a song or two before he goes to bed. It's funny how the kids eventually choose the lullabies, not you. For Logan, it was Nat King Cole's "Nature Boy" and "In My Life" by The Beatles, but Auden's choices are "Summertime" (fitting for a summer baby; I like the Ella Fitzgerald version) and "If I Had the Wings of an Eagle" by Ziggy Marley.  He likes daddy to sing "Snuggle Puppy," which is pretty adorable since Eric doesn't sing all that often.

Anyway, Auden sings along to both songs--he knows most of the lyrics, surprisingly. And when I get to "Nothin' can harm you," Auden shows some potential jazzman qualities: while I'm holding that note, he follows it up with "No harm me" like he's improvising or something. Cute.

No comments: