Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Precious...

So our TV remote had been missing for a couple of weeks. Eric was beside himself, as you can imagine. Bears preseason kicked off, and he had to walk 3 paces to the TV to turn up the volume, turn the channel, etc. sniff, sniff. We had looked under the couch, behind the couch, in the toy boxes (since Logan is especially fond of the remote), in our bedroom. We had no idea where it could be, and again, knowing Logan's love for the remote, we knew he could have carried it just about anywhere. Eric even theorized Logan had thrown the remote away, and that it was long gone with last week's garbage.
Well, tonight, as I was picking up random stuff off the floor, I noticed the remote under the couch. It must have been wedged between the sections in our couch and finally had fallen through. Eric was watching TV, and I sat it next to him without a word. He grudgingly looked away from the screen, and suddenly a look of recognition swept over his face. He gasped with delight like a child at Christmas time. "My remote!" He lovingly stroked it, knowing his life is now complete again.
Logan is still "transitioning" to daycare. His ear is doing better, but he's still throwing fits in the evenings. I'm definitely feeling mommy guilt, but I have to remind myself this is only week two.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The transition does take a while, Zoe throws fits every night too. I think it's party her age and partly the adjustment. It will get better as time goes on.