Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's almost Friday!

So yesterday was a flurry of activity. Got up at 5:00, dropped Logan off at the sitter's, taught all day, picked up Logan, met Eric for dinner, he took Logan home, I went back to school for open house, got home around 9:30 to the lights out and everyone asleep, stayed up and watched the news, learned that Ted Kennedy had died, felt weird about it--like I had been on some other planet for a few days or something, went to bed around 10:45. Fin.
Open House is such a strange experience to me. I meet my students' parents, introduce myself and talk to them for ten minutes about the class their child is enrolled in. I always feel like I jabber on like a maniac and smile too much--the parents probably think I am an absolute crackpot. Ah well, that's being an adult for you.
As for being a wee lad, things haven't become much kinder or gentler. Logan struck again yesterday. This time, he bit Kaleb, Karen's little boy, and he left a pretty good mark. Our sitter can't make sense of Logan's biting because he seems to be happy as a lark, then all of a sudden, he chomps. Maybe that's his mastermind strategy, the happy-face fake-out. I'm tired of writing and even thinking about feeling guilty, so I'll just skip that part. Today, though, he did much better. The sitter's little girl answered the door, and afraid of the answer, I asked, "Well, how did it go today?" She said, "He didn't bite anybody today." What relief! Just when I was on the verge of finding a toddler-sized Hanibal Lecter mask for him, he comes around. Hopefully it will stick.
We found out he has an ear infection, though. I took him to the clinic today after our sitter and Eric had noticed some suspicious ear pulling. This time we caught it early--he's on five days of azythromyacin, so we're crossing our fingers that he won't look like a leper like he did when he took amoxicylin.
What a long five days this work week has been. If you've had a long one too, I'll share my mantra with you: "It's almost Friday, It's almost Friday." Even if it's raining buckets, it's almost Friday. Happy weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Nita said...

I took Evan to the Dr. today because he was holding his ear and saying "Ouch". Turns out he has a double ear infection. I wonder if one gave to the other at Connor's party. She said he hasn't even had it for a week and it is mild. If it was from Evan, sorry. He is on amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. Hopefully it will pass soon.

leah said...

Glad to hear that Logan had a good (albeit, chompy) week--you guys are doing great and just think, the school year is THAT much shorter now!
:)
Have a good weekend!!