Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seven-week smiles

Well, it's official. Auden has started smiling--the real thing this time, though he still has plenty of gas. From sly smirks to wide, open-mouthed grins, he shows them all.

Yesterday we left the house in record time--1/2 hour flat, which is pretty good, but I think it's a record that can be broken. Maybe. As I was getting Logan ready, he was fighting me the whole way. As I was trying to get him out of his jammies, he cried,
"No, Mommy! Those are my favorite Spiderman pants!" When I picked a booger out of his nose, he whined, "No, Mommy! That's my favorite booger!" It's funny how often as a mother you figure you've just heard a sentence that's probably never been uttered before. Later that afternoon, we saw a motorcycle passing by, and Logan exclaimed, "I want to hug that motorcycle!" Another sentence that's probably a Logan original.

Today, I had to take Eric's car into the shop and I had to install our new back-up car seat. It had never been taken out of the packaging yet, so I had to adjust the harness straps and everything. What a frustrating way to start your day. Auden was screaming
his head off, Logan was taking out every toy with wheels he had and lining them up in the yard. Still, I managed to get the car seat in. While I was ready to pull my hair out one minute, I felt pretty proud of myself the next. I guess that's life, really.

No comments: