Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Logan says:

(While wielding a toy screwdriver)
"I'm going to screw you up, mom!"
Truer words were never spoken.

Eric and Logan are recovering from food poisoning or some kind of flu. I suspect food poisoning because they had no fever, but I can't seem to allow myself to rule out flu because Logan ate next to nothing for the two days prior to his throwing up Sunday night and Monday morning. Thankfully, because his bowels were so bare, it was an easy cleanup, but the poor guy and his dad felt pretty miserable. Auden and I remain healthy, and I'm knocking firmly on wood. Last time I remember getting the stomach flu, I was about 8 years old (so you know that was a bad bug, since it's the last one I can remember at 32 years of age) and my whole family were stricken one by one. I thought I was pretty tough--no virus can take me down! But then, after eating about three helpings of mostaccioli, I got sick on New Year's eve all over my aunt's bedroom floor. I don't think I or my aunt ate mostaccioli again for years after that. So here's hoping our holidays--and yours--are healthy!

3 comments:

EM Hum said...

48 hours & you should be safe. Wash your hands like crazy. I'm crossing my fingers for you - I know how the "waiting" feels.

carly said...

Thanks, Liz. Turns out I wasn't so lucky after all.

Christine said...

take those probiotics! feel better family. :)