Thursday, December 30, 2010

Screwy Schedules

As Eric mentioned briefly in the last post, Logan has taken to putting off bedtime as long as is toddelerly possible, which is a bit of an annoyance because as much as we love our kids, let's face it, we breathe a sigh of relief when they go to bed. And I've got four hours before I'm up for every two with Auden. So having Logan stay up way past his bedtime is not something I like to experience. I think it's the holidays and Eric being back home for the two weeks--it's kind of thrown us off our schedule, but we'll get in another groove here again soon. Until then, I guess Eric and I will continue to be crotchety toward each other, since New Year's Eve will only make things worse in terms of sleep deprivation.

And our lack of a regular schedule has thrown off my blogging, too. We didn't even blog about Christmas. We had a white Christmas down by my folks, which was really nice. Usually, southern Illinois gets the damaging ice instead of the picturesque snows, but this time it got cold enough to put on a pretty nice show. Eric has been keeping up with his marathon training, so on Christmas Eve, he prided himself on his feat of jogging to Missouri and back. It started snowing about one hour into his 2 1/2 hour workout, but apparently it didn't bother him. Nor did he get nervous about jogging across the suspension bridge, which has a really narrow shoulder, in poor weather. No, he was worried about the 25 or so deer he saw ambling across the trail he was running. He said a couple of bucks gave him a "So you want a piece of me?" look, but decided he probably wasn't worth the calorie expenditure.

We had a nice visit with Great-Grandma and pa Kop and Uncle Kevin--I actually washed all of the dishes without grandma catching on--granted, she was distracted by my dad and uncle who were teaching her how to work her new digital camera. Then we went back to mom and dad's to bake Christmas cookies. Mom makes THE best sugar cookies, and I'm too lazy to make them myself, so I'm happy to help out.

Opening presents was pretty fun this year. Logan got some really nice stuff--a kitchen set, plenty of cars and candy (just as he wished), and Auden got a few cute toys and cozy clothes. Auden was such a sweet baby--everyone remarked about how peaceful and happy he is. He's now sitting up pretty well when seated in his boppy, and, in true infant form, he tries to put everything into his mouth--including his feet. He bends all the way over, trying to reach those adorable toes. He just has a little too much tummy to get at them though.

Christmas Day at my Grandma O'dell's was nice, but I think we may have infected the family. My aunt took ill, and we soon dispersed after opening presents and playing a couple of rounds of Buzz Word.

Well, I think I had better go. Logan has switched his bedroom light back on for the second time tonight...

No comments: