Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Cracked-up Swimmer

So last night, I was changing Logan's diaper, and Eric was sitting on Logan's bed with the baby, apparently observing me to ensure I was doing a satisfactory job, but really just giving me a hard time: "Hey, did you clean his crack?"
"No, Eric. I must have missed that somehow."
"Crack?! What's cracked?!" Logan said, sounding anxious.
"No, honey. Daddy's talking about the crack in your butt."
"My butt's cracked? Where can I get a new one?!"
"Ah, no, you don't need a new one. Everyone has them. Don't worry."
Seriously. My kid kills me.

Big strides were made today, though; however, those strides had nothing to do with potty training. He's still fearful of the potty, and I'm not pushing it for now. But he did a great job at his swimming lessons today. He jumped into the pool several times, which he hated doing for the past two lessons for some reason. AND, he swam all by himself! He had this little floaty strapped to his back to keep him from going under, but he was kicking his legs and flapping his arms in a strange doggy-paddle-esqe motion that enabled him to cruise all around the shallow end throughout the greater part of his lesson while I just floated around (hands off!) beside him. He was super proud of himself, and I, of course, was so happy for him. Way to go, Logan the swimmer!

2 comments:

leah said...

Thank goodness you have such a helpful diaper-change partner! Maybe Eric should be on continual diaper duty, you know, just to make sure it's done correctly!
:)

Carly said...

Yeah, it's safe to say Eric is out of practice with diaper changes. He recently put Logan in one of Auden's diapers. Too funny!