Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zzzzz

So it looks like we're on a stretch of good sleeping here at the Hill household. Auden slept for 9 consecutive hours last night; woke at 4:30, and then slept for three more. Crazy! I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the alarm clock after hearing him fuss. Of course, Logan has been busy seeing how many days in a row he can go without a nap, play around after his bedtime, and still wake up at 6AM ready to start his day. That's OK, I know it's only a matter of time before he collapses of exhaustion one of these afternoons. As for the staying up past his bedtime thing, he probably gets that from me. I always used to stay up late, hunkered down under the covers reading a book with my flashlight. We put Logan to bed around 8:00 and he sits up and reads (OK, he looks at the pictures) or plays quietly with his cars. I've stopped pestering him, knowing that he thinks he's just sticking it to the man (am I "the man?!") by staying up late. Last night, Eric checked on him and he had fallen asleep against his bedrail, half of his body nearly hanging off the bed, his closet light on. Still, I feel like I can handle anything Logan throws at me sleep-wise if I'm getting more than two hours of uninterrupted sleep at night.

No comments: