Saturday, March 26, 2011

HappyBabyToothUp




Now, I'm not one to plug products as a general rule, but every once in awhile, you run across a gadget that makes your life so much easier. You marvel at its functionality and its simple design. Well, I've found one of those products--HappyBaby Foods. My mom bought a couple pouches for Auden for Valentine's Day (because what does one get an infant for V-Day?) and I made a trip to Target soon after to buy up some more of them. The packaging is the thing that totally got me hooked--they use these Capri Sun-type packages that have a spout at the top, which you can cap again if you don't use the whole serving at one time. And, more importantly, they have good food combinations that Auden really seems to like. Yes, they're a teeny bit more expensive than the jar organic brands, but they are so worth it in my book. Why? They warm up more quickly than jar food--just put the pouch in warm water and it's ready in only a couple of minutes. It's easy to get all of the food out of the package--no more scraping the bottom of the jar. And it's great to throw in the diaper bag. You don't even need a spoon--you can just squirt some of the stuff in your little tike's mouth, which is what I was doing today when we went out for lunch at Chipotle. Auden was relaxing in his car seat, and I fed him while eating my burrito--no mess to clean up afterwards. Such a simple idea, and it works so wonderfully. Dang! Why didn't I think of it first!?

I guess I don't have very much longer to worry about taking baby food with me, though. Auden is really itching to have more table food. Those cereal puffs he just learned how to put in his mouth? Yeah, when he doesn't have any on his table in front of him, he's rocking against that table on his high chair so hard, it sounds like he's going to break the thing. Why the crazy lunging forward? He's trying to get at the container of cereal puffs. He's still really terrible at feeding himself. As soon as you put five little puffs on his table, he sweeps all but one onto the floor, but my, is he proud of himself when that one bite finally makes it to the intended target.

He has also cut another tooth today--his top right incisor just broke through this afternoon. I noticed some white beneath the surface this morning, which accounted for his moodiness, poor sleeping, and drooly, snotty face, and then after his nap, that tooth had broken through. This kid has rapid-fire teeth--they're coming in one right after the other.

And, now that I think of it, Auden is really full of things that follow in rapid-fire succession. He started crawling a couple of weeks ago and has finally gotten pretty good at it. Yesterday what does he do? He starts pulling up on the furniture. Wonder when he'll be walking...Big changes for our little guy, and quickly, too.

1 comment:

grammy renee said...

Auden is growing up much too quickly! I'm impressed that he could pull himself up on a toy drum!