Monday, March 21, 2011

Reality Check

So I put Logan's superhero cape on him last night. He acquired this fantastical piece of felt at a friend's superhero party--what a clever idea for a party favor. Anyway, I had put it away because I firmly believe in toy hiatuses--the longer a toddler is separated from his toy, the more he loves it when it returns. Case in point with the cape. He squealed, "My cape! My cape!" like a little girl, and said, "I'm Super Logan!" and started to do these little hops and arm flaps. Before I could figure out what he was trying to do, he said whiningly, "Oooh, but I can't fly." I had to explain that superheroes were just make-believe, but then I decided that the explanation was really no fun, so I ended it by holding him in a Superman flight pose and whooshing him around the basement. "I'm flying! I'm flying!" he screamed and giggled. Who needs a reality check after all?

1 comment:

grammy renee said...

Great job, mom of super Logan! These are the times to remember and cherish.