Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I want my Beedon back!!!

This past Thursday, Eric left for Vegas to run his marathon and the boys and I traveled down to my parents' house so that we could have some fun and I could have some back-up from the fam. (I seriously don't know how single moms do it.) Eric's race went well--he ran the marathon in the Red Rock Canyon and finished just under 4.5 hours--great job, daddy-o! But I think he's revised his vision of what a good idea it was to piggy back a Vegas trip onto a marathon. Staying up late, eating tons of food at the buffets, waking up insanely early to catch the shuttles to the race and airports really did a number on him, but he's walking a little less like he just got off of a long horseback ride today, so that's an improvement.
The boys and I went to the children's museum while visiting the folks, which was fun, and we relished the warmth on Friday--it was in the low 60s--heavenly compared to what we've been experiencing around here. The weekend was wonderful, but I made one giant mistake as we were packing up and taking off on Sunday...I forgot Logan's beedon. I got home around 8:00 Sunday evening and I unpacked all of our things when I realized the beedon was gone. You all know what that is--the "most special blanket I've ever seen, that is so chewy!" Well, it was a pretty horrendous episode. Logan was on melt-down mode because he was so sleep deprived from the weekend. We put him in bed, and he asked, "Where's my beedon!?" I had to break it to him that it was at Grammy Renee's. Tears and screaming ensued. A shrill "I want my beedon back!" was all I heard as I was trying to get Auden to sleep. Finally, I laid Auden down for the night and had to cuddle with Logan until he was sleepy enough that he didn't care when I crept back to my bed for the night. It could have been worse. He was happy to know at least his grammy had his special beedon. "Grammy Renee will take good care of my beedon!" he said.
The beedon came in the mail today--he smiled and screamed like it was Christmas, and I didn't even have to persuade him to take a nap. After I came back upstairs from collecting the laundry, I found him half asleep on his floor, his head propped up on his monkey bean bag, chewing peacefully on his beedon.

3 comments:

Dave Beedon said...

I sympathize with poor Logan---I would have reacted the same way---about 60 years ago. I called my favorite blanket a "ba bankey."
davebeedon@comcast.net

grammy renee said...

Glad to hear Logan's peacefully chewing his beedon again. Papa George was first in line at the post office on Monday morning to make sure Logan has his beedon back as fast as the US postal service could ship it! :)

Christine said...

He's just too cute with that blanket!