Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bowling Firsts

Still sick with colds. Logan has been waking up about three or four times through the night, coughing, whining, sniffling. Last night was particularly memorable, as he woke up crying and screaming, "I can't bweathe! I got boogers in my nose!" He was panting by the time he got to our room. Seriously. He has a flair for the dramatic.

Auden, the one who infected us all, has been much better the past two nights, a trend that I hope continues. Not only is he not waking up hacking his poor little lungs out, but he's actually only waking up a couple of times in the night. I'm not sure if this welcome change is due to his being exhausted from fighting off this little bug, but I'm hoping it's a sign that he's finally learning to fall back asleep once he wakes himself up through the night.

The subject of my last post, which was cut short by Eric, is really what's gotten us down this week, in addition to our health woes. We were so ready for it to be nice outside, and then the Midwestern weather drops another string of lousy on us this weekend. Yesterday was beyond trying to pretend you could even go outside, with it being dark and rainy (and sleety), but we ventured out today for a bit to play with the neighbors. Then we went bowling. Logan's first game! They had these little velcro bowling shoes--how cute! And he did pretty well, thanks to the bumpers. He bowled a 71 on his first game, and even got a strike! Eric was embarrassed because halfway through the game, Logan was actually beating him. But, I was the winner of the game in the end, a rare occurrence, though the bumpers actually helped me big-time in one frame--I got a strike instead of the gutter ball it was bound to be. So, it was a nice family outing...but I'm not sure I'd want to spend Easter there. Yes, they were advertising for $1 games on Easter Day. So, I guess, if the Easter egg hunt is a flop, you can always hit the lanes.

No comments: