Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Logan!




Though it seems unbelievable, my little boy turned 3 the other day. He had a fun-filled day, which began with a small race car-themed party for his friends from the neighborhood, followed by a family get-together over at Grammy Sue and Papa Hill's. It was a beautiful day, and Logan thoroughly enjoyed himself: He had three (yes, three) pieces of cake at his party at our house, and one piece of Portillo's chocolate cake at his grandparents'. He got to spend time with most of his favorite people. He has enough bubbles to last him through summer, methinks, and he added some great Hot Wheels to his ever-growing collection.

Logan's birthday always seems to usher in spring for me, so I've been digging through spring and summer clothes, seeing what he can still wear, what was handed down to him from his cousins, and what he's handed down to his little brother. Auden sure has a beast of a wardrobe. For some reason, 18 months was a very good season for clothes for Logan. I really hope Auden will be into them before the summer is out.

Well, here are some pics from our neighborhood party. They include the cake I made (my first) for Logan's race car birthday and the aftermath of said cake.

2 comments:

auntie marlenee said...

Very cool cake! great job. I'll take a lighthouse shaped one for my birthday! :)
Happy Birthday Logan!
Love you!

Jackie said...

Love the cake!