Friday, August 5, 2011

It's good to be back home!

Well, I'm back!
I only had a half-day of the conference today, so the boys, who were angelic for Eric all week, were, of course crabby and clingy today, since I was home most of the day. But I'm really glad Eric had such a good time with them. It's uncanny how they just fall asleep when he's around.

We did have a great time in Chicago, and I was so happy to be able to spend more time with the boys and Eric, rather than go the distance yet another evening. Just wanted to jot a couple of things I didn't want to forget, though. My conference, which was really useful (thank goodness!), was right down the street from the old water tower in Chicago. Logan has been obsessed with this children's graphic "novel" about the Great Fire, and he got a chance to see it when they dropped me off Thursday morning. "Cool!" he said. Just so awesome for him to make those connections to what he's fascinated to read about and a real-life experience. Can't wait for that to happen more as he gets older.

Also, Auden started waving "hi" today. We walked to the park, and he waved to me while he was in the swing. He opens and closes his little fingers and smiles really big at his accomplishment. I cannot believe he's turning one next week!

No comments: