Monday, August 22, 2011

Workin' 5 to 9!

Ok, so not exactly, but it feels like those are my hours these days. We're getting back into the swing of things here at the Hill household. I wake up at 5:00 so I can get ready before Auden starts crying and wants to be held until I put him in his car seat for the commute to Miss Dawn's or the walk to Jen's. Logan is becoming such a big boy now, thankfully, so I can pretty much throw an outfit at him and he'll put it on himself. I envy Eric, who can sleep in until close to 6:00 because he just has to roll out of bed and throw on some clothes and maybe shave.

Needless to say, returning to work has been a whirlwind of activity. And we've been given laptops, so now I have to keep track of this computer that I don't need and hope that it doesn't take a dive off of a desk or something on my watch. Or that I don't walk out of the office in haste on Friday afternoon and forget to take it with me. Thanks, IT director. Way to make everyone's lives so much easier. My kids look like they'll be a good this year, which is nice. And I've gotten over the whole getting misty thing when I drop off the boys. It's still pretty tough knowing that I'm missing quite a lot of their day though. So, if anyone knows of a part-time gig with flexible hours and decent pay that may open up this summer or fall, let me know. ha.

Auden did his first sign the other day. "More." Of course, since he eats like a madman. And he's dancing and clapping to any ditty you happen to sing or play. Logan just learned the letter M and was amazed to find it in a story we were reading last night. We just love them so much.

No comments: