Friday, August 5, 2011

A Week to Remember

It's been a great week here at the Hill household. I was a bit apprehensive about how this week was going to go since I'd be watching the boys all by my lonesome, but I have to say, it went extremely well. The boys have been napping, getting along, eating well, and playing nice for the most part. Cleaning up and keeping the house tidy has been annoying, but when is it not. Wednesday night I decided to book a hotel room downtown so Carly wouldn't have to make the long commute. So Wednesday day we went to the Brookfield Zoo with my uncle Jim and cousin Lauren...we saw kangaroos, the dolphin show, rode the slow trolley, and frolicked on the playground...a good time. And then we headed off to the Best Western Grant Park (and the boys napped while getting there...my nap timing has been impeccable this week). It was a decent room, and they had a pool which we all went in after a nice dinner at a Thai place around the corner. I found a free parking space for the evening and night in Chicago! Crazy they exist. The next day we dropped Carly off at the Water Tower after seeing Dick Butkus at Yolk, and the boys and I went to the beach near Navy Pier. They had a blast getting all sandy, but it was a bit too cool for the water that morning. We then cleaned up and napped back at the hotel, grabbed a quick lunch at the deli next door, and strollered it the Field Museum, which is free for me! The boys were impressed with the evolution exhibit and I got equally amazed and depressed by all the variety of species we have on planet earth, and by how we lose so many thousands per day/week or something. All the many extinctions reminded me or rebooting a computer. Anyhoo, we beat the traffic back to DeKalb by leaving around 2:15 and I played b-ball and bingo last night with some neighbors. It was a good couple of days and it's been a week to remember.

Carly has a week left of her stay-at-home adventure until she officially goes back to work full-time. This past year and this summer have flown by. Well, I think that's all I shall record in this blog post. Signing off.

No comments: