Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Atch-Bambo

This is the name of Logan's imaginary friend, a "good dinosaur!" who helps him clean up his toys, fixes him mac n cheese, (this Atch-Bambo character sounds a lot like mom so far!), jumps on his bed, and goes to sleep with him. He goes to work, but doesn't let Logan go along. I asked: "work" is pretty school, where Atch-Bambo colors and paints. According to Logan, his dino friend is about one and a half feet tall, red, with sharp teeth, but he doesn't bite. Logan refers to him by his full name: Atch-Bambo Dinosaur and he'll correct you when you say only his first name.

Apparently, his new imaginary friend is a kinder, gentler version of the dinosaur he dreamt about this morning. He woke me up this morning at 4:30 to say: "Know what happened to me?! A dinosaur came into our driveway and took me away from my daddy; I mean Eric."

The only thing that could have taken daddy away from Logan today is the snow, which Eric is dutifully plowing away with our snowblower as I type. Yep, it's a blizzard, but Eric made it home safely from work today, and he has the day off tomorrow, thankfully. I think everything is shutting down. Hopefully everyone out there keeps their power--especially my folks, who always get slammed by ice storms. We're fine with staying in. I've been potty training Logan for real for the past two weeks. He's doing awesome with peeing--no accidents, and he's even dry after naps and at bedtime, though I haven't braved those without pull-ups yet. But he's got serious issues with dropping number twos on the potty. What do you do when your toddler has an irrational fear of the toilet for bms?! Oh well, I suppose he'll figure it out soon enough...

No comments: