Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy 6 mos, Auden!




Auden turned 6 months old today. Eric and I are a little shocked that our little baby is now a half-year old. That's big time--crawling is just around the corner. He has a sharp little tooth protruding through his gums. What happened to the teensy baby that slept all of the time, who grunted and snorted and wailed with this little tremor-like cry? Now he's doing airplanes and rolling across the floor, squealing, giggling, eating smooshy food. I know it's a cliche, but time really does fly too quickly.

We had a lovely day today. I was out of bed with the boys as Eric was leaving around 6:30, and we were out of the door a little after 7:00 to make a run to the grocery store, and then we returned home; Logan watched some cartoons while I made the day's lunch, which we packed up and took (and ourselves) to Miss Dawn's for a play date. He played with Lily and Gabby today, but he missed Bella and Maddie, who were at school. So nice to catch up with old friends.

Mercifully, both boys fell asleep on the car ride home and took nice naps when we got back home. I was able to read a couple of chapters from A Tale of Two Cities, which I've picked up again after reading the Harry Potter series another time. It's so nice to read for fun--I would really like to start up a book club. If any of you out there are interested, let me know!

Here are some pictures I took of Auden today on his half-year birthday. Enjoy!

3 comments:

leah said...

What a cutie!! Can't believe he's 6 months old already either!!
:)

grammy renee said...

Auden looks like he's ready to explore the big world!! Adorable!

Jackie said...

What a great shot of him smiling at the camera!