Friday, February 4, 2011

Where's my wallet?

Eric and I are both a little absent minded. That being said, we tend to misplace things often. Lately, though, Eric has surpassed me on this front. He's lost his second wedding ring; (We think the first one was thrown out in a bag of potato chips after drinking beer and snacking at a friend's pool party.) His keys went missing for a couple of weeks until I found them on the bookcase in our basement. His wallet was missing for several days. We still can't find our checkbook, which was last used by him. You get the picture. So I wasn't all that surprised when Eric, wanting to take a trip to Lowe's while we were at gym class, couldn't find his wallet.
Eric: "Where's my wallet?! I left it right on the table last night. I'm positive!"
Carly: "Yeah, right. Start looking in your jeans and coat pockets. It's probably there."
Eric: "No. I've checked. I know I had it on the table. I swear, we have gremlins."
Logan: "I stole your wallet."
(Carly chuckles)
Eric: "Did you really steal my wallet Logan? Where is it?"
Logan: "I stole it."
(Carly: (chuckling some more) "Oh, come on. He didn't take your wallet. You just need to find a designated place to put your stuff."
Logan, Auden and I leave for the Y, while Eric sulkily sends us of, knowing he is now trapped in the house without his wallet or keys. When we return, I ask if he's found his wallet yet. A testy "No" is the reply. Logan immediately opens his toy chest, picks the wallet out, and hands it to Eric.
Ok, so Logan is the gremlin...but we still haven't found Eric's keys.

1 comment:

grammy renee said...

Did you check the toy box for the keys and the checkbook? Sounds as if someone is helping you "organize" things. Maybe it was Atch Bambo....