Thursday, July 30, 2009

Logan's Inheritance

I can already tell that Logan is a lot like me. But there are a few things that I hope he doesn't inherit from his Daddy. For example, I finished drywalling the new bathroom basement. Quite a feat. However, I did an amateurish job on it mostly because I didn't take the time to be precise. I tend to jump into things with feverish energy only to make more work for myself because I don't think through my work before I do it. If Logan can retain my initiative without feeling the need to do things in a hurry, well, that would be nice.

There are all sorts of other qualities that I'd like Logan to inherit and not inherit from me, but for now I am trying to figure out some technical issues with gmail so I need to work on that.

1 comment:

leah said...

you "tend to jump into things with feverish energy"??? what? Eric Hill?? And here I've always thought you were so plodding, meticulous and methodical all these years! Gee-you think you know a person.....
;)