Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meme

I was tagged; hence I respond. And I've added a new word to my vocabulary or webcabulary: meme. Anyway, I was asked to reveal seven previously unknown things about myself so here goes:

1. I enjoyed all 12 hours and 30 some minutes of the Ironman I did way back in 2007. The Ironman is supposed to be this ultimate endurance event, but for me, it was really just enjoyable. Now the training for the Ironman sucked along the way, but the actual race was a peak experience that I didn't want to end. Perhaps I knew that my life was going to drastically change when Logan came along and this event was a capstone to the non-fatherhood days.

2. I did watch Oprah and the View a lot when I was a SAHF, but I didn't like it...at least some of the times.

3. I have dreams of whisking Carly and Logan away on a trip around the country and/or world. We could live out of backpacks/broken down vans/campers and experience all that the universe unfolds for us. I did say this was a dream, right?

4. I'm perpetually stuck in high school. Teaching at LHS is the first "real" job that I've had and I still have it. And I still find it fascinating. Classrooms can be some of the dullest and most interesting places in the world. I try hard to make mine vivid.

5. I am going to make a pottery wheel out of an old furnace motor. Finding innovative ways to do things really excites me. I love doing things that perplex others.

6. I like the concept of tea much more than I like tea. But I do like tea. In fact, I think I want some right now.

7. I still haven't cracked the code of building a proper backyard pond. My pond has kept the goldfish alive for two years now, but I'm still not satisfied with the filtration and landscaping. Perhaps it will be better next year.

As far as keeping this chain going, I will work on tagging some others in my next post. I have to go pick up Pizza Villa for dinner now.

No comments: