Wednesday, May 12, 2010

baby and coffee in tummy

Hi, it's Carly! So, it's been a long time since we've posted an entry...a really long time. It's not that we haven't had anything to blog about or that we've meant to allow this blog to drift off into cyberspace, but life has been pretty hectic with the school year winding to a close and papers piling up in my bag. I think I'm handling the stress so much better than usual this year because I know I'll soon be starting such a long break from school, what with my taking a year's leave next year. I'm really looking forward to having a year with my three boys (because how could I neglect to count Eric in that number? Ha!). Who knows? Maybe I'll like it so much that I just won't go back.
Anyway, since we've last written, lots of things have happened. Back in April, Eric and I had different spring breaks, so he went to Philadelphia to visit Kevin and (perhaps more importantly) to climb the "Rocky stairs." Kevin was, as expected, a gracious host, and Eric had a wonderful time. I went to visit my family while on my spring break and took Logan along, of course. Lo and behold, Eric got bored...which is never good news. He completely gutted our bathroom, which we had been planning to do over the summer, but Eric upped the stakes by starting it one week before the day we were going to celebrate Logan's second birthday. Long story short, we're now enjoying a newly finished bathroom--it looks great, and Eric did a fantastic job. Logan loves taking a bath in the new tub.
Speaking of Logan, he's been cracking us up on an hourly basis. And when we're not cracking up, we're either enjoying some cuddles or pulling our hair out. These days we've been trying to warm him up to the idea of having a baby brother around. I've ballooned quite a bit in the past few weeks, and the other day I was driving home from work, with Logan in the back. I had my hand on my stomach, and he said, "I want baby in tummy, too!" After having a good laugh, I explained that scenario probably wasn't in the cards for him.
Today, on the way home, I decided to stop for a decaf mocha frappuccino, my favorite guilty pleasure of late, and I got him an apple juice. Now, Logan loves coffee. Since I drink decaf now, I give him the occasional sip from my mug without feeling too guilty about it. After all, my grandma used to give me little servings of the real stuff when I was young, and I can't have been too stunted by it, being 5'8'' now. Logan sees what I have to drink, and he says, "Mommy, I want decaf!" Too funny, right? What two-year old asks for coffee, let alone decaf. I wonder what his preschool teacher is going to think of me when he asks for a cup of joe at snack time? Nah...
Well, we hope this blog finds you all well, and I promise to be more diligent about posting more often (especially for you, Adolfo)! :)

No comments: