Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Gentle" Logan

Carly and I managed to make it to church this morning for the first time practically all summer. Logan slept in today and was well-rested so I knew that he would be good in the nursery, but I didn't know how good he would be. The lady who watches Logan called him "gentle" because he was giving hugs to other toddlers and patting them on the back. I didn't think I would ever hear that adjective used to describe my rough and tumble boy, but alas, "gentle" was the term used. It was nice to hear that he got along well with all the other little ones. Perhaps he is learning that hitting, scratching, and pulling hair is not the best way to make friends. We hope so.

Logan had a bit of separation anxiety today. He was latching on to us when we went to drop him off and only some sneaky diversions involving oversized legos would allow us to break away from him without tears. I hope that when Carly has to begin dropping him off at Dawn's house he gets used to it and doesn't give poor Mama a hard time. I know she isn't looking forward to leaving him.

Well, this blog has almost run its course I think. I have school stuff to do all day next week and the beginning of school is right around the corner. I don't yet know if I will continue to blog or if I will let Daddy is Home fade away into the blogosphere. We shall see.

No comments: