Monday, August 25, 2008

A Rude Awakening

At the sound of Carly’s alarm, 5:00 a.m., Logan went from sleeping to crying in about 9.68 seconds. The wife and I bolted out of bed, although to be honest, Carly was moving quicker than I was. Today is the first “official” day of stay-at-home Daddy-hood. I am typing away at the computer and Logan is swiping at moving monkeys in his bouncy seat. This will entertain him for only a few minutes I imagine, but that’s ok because I’m here and I’ll pick him up and be with him. I have the luxury, am blest to be able to stay home with lil’ Logan and am very grateful. I know that this will be work, but I’m hoping it will be the kind of work that satisfies. It’s the first day and I’m already happy about our decision. I got to witness a new side of Logan today—an aggressive side. It seems his waking up grumpy spurred on this new emotion. In his swing earlier on today, Logan was vehemently swatting at his sun teether toy. He was swinging with roundhouse punches that would knock out any baby in the contiguous 48 states. And it wasn’t that he was just forcefully batting his arms, but it was the look on his face and the fierce determination in his eyes. He wanted to smack that grin off the sun toy and smack it good. Needless to say, we had a bit of a talk about hitting. I told him the Rocky punching bag and inanimate objects were ok, and humans and animals were not. I also told him to avoid punching walls. Logan listened, but I’m not sure it sank in just yet. He's only five months old. Anyway, I think I’ve rambled enough for my first blog entry. But before I stop, I’d like to outline my plan for this blog. So what is my plan, ya say? Well, I think I’d like to record the minutiae of my experience with Logan. I envision a 365 day blog. One entry every day. I think I’d like to use the blog platform to keep friends and family abreast of my and Logan’s doings. I blog because I desire connection. I need to stay sharp and I like to write. So yeah, time to stop writing because Logan is kicking and thrashing the bouncy seat real good and I’m afraid he’ll work himself into a fit. I love having an active kid. I wonder where he gets it from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, can you take the text off Logan's face in the big picture? I want to see his adorable face!! Also, can you make the text font darker? It's kinda hard to read.

I love the blog so far. Make sure you keep it up, 365 days. I think this could be pretty cool.