Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And Away We Go

Today marks the last "official" day of stay-at-home daddyhood. As I briefly mentioned yesterday, it has been an adventure. I am so grateful that I got the chance to be at home and I highly recommend it to any and all fathers and mothers. I was getting nostalgic last night and paged through my first father's day present (an awesome home-made picture book that Carly & Logan made for me). I cherish that little gift and it always makes me emotional because it is quite obvious how much Logan has grown and changed over the past 14 months. He is a little boy already. Ah. Sigh.

Briefly we'll be leaving on a jet plane out west and I hope our little boy is good on the plane ride and subsequent car rides. It takes a long time to drive places out west since everything is so spread out. I'm excited to see my sister and I know Logan is ready to get spoiled by his godmother. I know Christine is chomping at the bit to have some quality time with Logan too. We'll be in Vegas tonight and that feels very surreal. I hope Logan is a good luck charm in terms of gambling...not that I'm going to be carrying him around at the tables or anything, but if it worked...no seriously. I hope Poker goes well tonight for me. It would be nice to recoup the cost of checking our luggage.

Luggage is annoying. We had a really huge bag packed full to the brim only to realize after checking the AA website that it would cost 150 dollars to check. So we had to unpack the monster bag and put the same stuff in two separate bags. In two duffel bags the same stuff now costs 30 dollars to check. Maddening.

Anyway, wish us luck on our trip. Like most things with Logan, I know it will be an adventure. I'm excited and hope the Hill family has a wonderful, relaxing, and fun time.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's way most parents have mini vans or suvs! For all the kid stuff! :) see you soon.