Monday, June 8, 2009

Here and Gone

Logan woke up without a fever this morning. Hoorah! To appease the misses I took him to the pediatrician and everything checked out ok except icky tonsils. Perhaps Logan has some sort of sore throat virus that's been going around.

Logan is getting to be an even bigger handful now because he's able to crawl up on stuff. Moments ago he climbed up onto the ikea poang chair...something he has never done. Now I have to be diligent in watching him else he falls off and konks his head. He can also get up on the couch on occasion which is also fun and dangerous for the same reasons. I like to see Logan progressing, but with advancement comes risk.

However, I am almost off the hook so to speak. My stint as stay-at-home father is nearly complete. Carly is finished with school tomorrow and that means she'll be home all summer to help watch the little rugrat. This makes me both happy and a little sad after thinking about it. The grand experiment of Daddy is Home, like all good things, is coming to a close. It has been a joyous time and I've learned much about myself and my boy. I don't know if I will ever get a chance like this again and I'm appreciative of all the good, scary, stinky, worrisome, happy, and funny times.

Well, Logan is continuing to climb on the furniture so I should pay him more attention. Posts might be a bit scarce in the next week or so due to travel.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh...that's a little sad that your stay-at-home stint is ending. You've done a great job with your blog. Kudos to you for staying home with Logan. I think it's pretty darn cool. Hope you, Carly, and Logan have a great trip!