Friday, June 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We've been home since Wednesday night and it has felt nice. Vacations are fun and all but I sure appreciate being at home in my own bed.

We had a wonderful time visiting my sister, Jesse, and Eddie and showing Logan the grand ol' western landscape. What an adventure! Some of the highlights included Logan having some mysterious illness on the night that we were camping on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was freezing that night (around 38 degrees) and we were in our tent when around 1:30 Logan started to dry heave. He spit up spit and scared the crap out of Carly and myself. We didn't know what was happening and what we should do about it. He had about 4-5 episodes of waking up and dry heaving. I didn't know if it was the altitude or what. Carly eventually ended up in the car with him where she managed to get an hour or so of shuteye. In the morning, we decided to get the heck out of dodge after Logan projectile vomited his apple juice, milk, and gatorade. The milk and gatorade vomiting episode all took place in the car ride to my sisters mind you. So we got to pull over on the side of the road and clean up vast amounts of baby puke. It was everywhere and our car seat straps are still stinky. We managed to make it to my sisters a day early and surprised Jesse and Eddie, poor guys.

Anyway, we think Logan had the stomach flu or something. A few days later, in Vegas, I too came down with the stomach flu which was a real treat (perhaps it was food poisoning). As far as Vegas and gambling went I was the big winner, pocketing a cool 675 dollars over the course of my two days gambling. The blackjack and poker tables were kind to me.

Logan was a lot of work on the trip, but actually he did extremely well. On the plane ride there he was quiet but squirrely (falling asleep the last minutes of the four hour flight) and on the way back he was an angel. Mike Ditka was on our flight home and Logan charmed him with a smile in the waiting lobby and while boarding. Da Coach said hi to us which was nice. It seemed that Logan charmed everybody everywhere we went. He seemingly can make anyone smile. He is such an affable little boy and flirts to no end. We were so popular and attracted so much attention because of Logan. It was great.

Well...I have a bit more to blog about and more pictures but for now I will stop. Until tomorrow, I think.

No comments: