Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Battling the Bottle

It's around that time when we should be starting to wean Logan off the bottle and formula and on to cups and whole milk. He seems to do fine with the whole milk and is literally getting a handle on the sippy cup thing but he does enjoy his bottle and I'm wondering if it's going to be a difficult process this weaning. Just a few minutes ago Logan was being a morning crab and was ready for his nap. Since we're out of formula and we had some milk in his sippy cup already from breakfast I thought I'd break the routine and give him some nice, cold refreshing whole milk to put him down for his nap. I think it was the delivery method via the sippy cup that set him off. He thrashed and cried after a few sips and I could read what he was thinking: "this is not a bottle, Dad...I WANT A BOTTLE!!!" He didn't eat much, all the while showing off his mighty fury, but as I calmly held him and then put him in his crib he stopped crying and quietly went to sleep with his newly-washed blanket. I am not deterred despite the unwelcome change in behavior this morning. I think I will try the sippy cup all day today. I hope the next attempts go better.

1 comment:

leah said...

Or perhaps the tiny beer sippy cup methods....
;)