Monday, April 27, 2009

Hopefully Not Like Father Like Son

Logan has an ear infection--his first. The doctor gave us a ten day prescription for antibiotics and we were on our way. She also said he had "icky tonsils" and did a throat swab, but then threw it away because? she didn't need to test it since he was getting antibiotics for the ear infection, I guess?

It was a bit gross since she was able to scoop out some ear wax that looked sort of bloody. I feel bad for lil' Logan because I'm sure it doesn't feel good. When I was a kid ear infections were my thing, so much so that I had my adnoids taken out and tubes in my ears. Hopefully Logan can avoid that fate.

It feels better to know what was causing the fever, but his whole sickness thing is still frustrating. He's been sick for nearly a month now. And the last time I took him in they said he had a bruised ear drum...hmmm...sounds suspicious...perhaps it was the infection starting? Anyway, hope the fever goes down and the antibiotics do the trick.

3 comments:

aunt marlenee said...

I hope Logan is feeling better soon. I also have a long standing history of ear infections even to this day. So I definitely can sympathize with Logan and mom & dad's worries. I always found a moist, warm towel over my ear helped the pain the best.
Good Luck.
Get well soon Logan!
Love,
Great Auntie Marlene

KSLATZ said...

I had tubes in my ears too...but I heard they stopped doing that...but I forget who told me that...hope he feels better soon! KS

Unknown said...

Zoe is being treated for an ear infection too (her 3rd or 4th) . . . poor little buggers. Jake nor I have a history of ear infections, but his brother had them really bad like you . . . we also found out this weekend that she's allergic to amoxicillin, oh boy!! Hope the little guy feels better soon, I found that after about two doses of the ab's they usually feel much better.
Sending get better waves ~~~~~