Thursday, April 16, 2009

Strange Day

It's been an odd day here at the Hill casa. Logan took a really long nap in the morning, over two hours, so I got the chance to clean the garage and start on Paulo Coelho's book, The Alchemist. I was very much absorbed in this "international bestselling phenomenon" and actually just finished it. It's a little over 150 pages so I shouldn't be so surprised, and yet, it always does surprise me when I finish a book in a day or two...I guess it's just the soul of the world working through me. I haven't really been reading lately so it felt good to do so. Anyway, Logan is napping again (sort of)...perhaps he is finally fighting off this cold that he has or perhaps I wore him out from playing in the backyard. The weather has been tremendous and Logan and I have spent a lot of time hanging outside. We both enjoy basking in the sun although I was starting to wonder about the whole "sun is evil" thing so I put a hat on him. I strung the clothesline outside and dried a load of laundry in the sun and breeze...how do you stop things from wrinkling on a clothesline? Anyway, time has sort of inched along today, and yet I feel as though the day has also gone quickly. Perhaps I too am throwing off the funk that I've been in. We could all use some spring cleaning, I think.

No comments: