Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Memorial Day

The Hill family was busy this weekend and blogging didn't happen. We went to a fabulous wedding on Saturday. The bride and groom got married at the courthouse and then had a big party in their parent's backyard. They cooked a whole big spread of Indian food which was amazing. It really inspired me to try to make my own homemade Indian food instead of the canned/bagged stuff I usually get. At the party, Logan made a friend with a girl his own age, Sage. They didn't do too much together, but Logan seemed fascinated by her. He also was interested in the awesome pond that was in the yard, a pond replete with tadpoles.

On Sunday we had a nice time at Leah and Josh's BBQ festivities. Logan was a good boy although was a bit too interested in Josh's nice t.v. and gaming systems for my comfort. We made it a somewhat early night and got Logan in bed a little later than usual, but no big deal.

Yesterday we had a nice Memorial day although we didn't do too much. We made a shopping trip and pretty much hung out around the house. I spent from 6:00 to 12:30 doing some plumbing work in the basement in preparation for the shower I am re-putting in. I took my time and soldered a whole bunch of joints and guess what: no leaks! I feel like a genuine Mario brother plumber. Logan was quietly sleeping the whole time I was plumbing and he even slept in this morning so I got a bit of extra rest although Carly still had to go to school and wake up early. Not too much longer though.

No comments: