Friday, May 15, 2009

Rainy Day Garage Sales

I knew the weather wasn't going to be very pleasant today and I didn't feel like being stuck in the house so Logan and I ventured out to a neighborhood garage sale in St. Charles near my parent's house. I was hoping we could get lucky and have a few hours of dry weather. We met my sister, Jackie, and made it to about 5 or so sales before it started to drizzle on us. For the amount of times that Logan was in and out of his car seat, he did surprisingly well and was not crabby. In fact, he was in a pleasant mood, smiling at my sister and flirting with random strangers looking for good garage sale pickings. In about 20 minutes, the rain was coming down a little too quick and it was time for Logan and I to make the trip back home. It was also nap time so Logan got his snooze on in the car, and even is asleep now in his crib. I managed to spend about 10 dollars at the sales and got some good stuff. Logan has some water shoes, a new pair of pants, swim trunks, and a swim shirt. I also bought a small fishtank, a bedrail guard for when he is sleeping in a big boy bed, and a few other nick knacks like baby hangers. These sales were in a rather "upscale" neighborhood so they had lots of good stuff. My sister bought a lot of gear for her new arrival in November. Exciting! Logan will have a cousin.

No comments: