Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Possible?

Is it possible for a baby to grow physically, socially, emotionally, and in cuteness over the course of a weekend? Yes. When Carly and Logan walked through the door yesterday it was a wonderful reunion, full of hugs, kisses, and amazed looks from me. I couldn't believe how big my lil' monkey looked. I realize he is coming up on his first birthday and all, but he doesn't even seem like a baby anymore. He seems like a grown up little boy. Likewise, I don't remember him being so talkative, sensitive, perceptive, and all sorts of other qualities. Logan's absence this weekend has allowed me to rediscover him, I suppose. Seeing him with fresh eyes is fantastic and it lets me know how much I missed him. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.

I'm excited about all the adventures we'll have this week. Carly is on Spring Break! I just hope this teething fussiness will go away so we can all enjoy it.

No comments: