Friday, March 6, 2009

Springin' 11 Month Old


Logan turned 11 months old today...for all you math whizzes out there that is one month shy of a year. He's getting so big! Wow.

Today we very much enjoyed the weather. Logan and I sat in the backyard on the grass for at least an hour, soaking up the sun, exploring branches and twigs, just having a great time overall. He didn't really put anything his mouth which was a nice change. We got a chance to daydream about the warm Spring to come and the hot Summer days where we'll be playing in the sprinkler and tending the garden. Logan'll be walking by then, I imagine, and I know he is going to love being outside. It felt perfect out there today. I know that the world is filled with all sorts of worry, anxiety, depression, hatred, and negativity, but I also know that my boy and I experienced profound moments of peace and tranquility simply sitting in the backyard grass in the sun.

Don't forget to move your clocks forward an hour tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, and just think--a few short months from now it'll be, "Logan, come down from the tree!!" "Logan, don't eat that caterpillar" "Logan, get off the roof!!"
;)
Happy Birthday little man--you're looking adorable and toothy!!

Anonymous said...

That's has to be one of the cutest photos! oooOO and that cute little belly!