Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Logan Bruised Daddy's Ego

Last night was another doozy in the Hill household. For the first time in a long time, Carly decided to turn in early and ended up going to sleep around 8:30. Logan was down and out by 7:30 and we expected him to initially sleep(hopefully)for around four hours like he did the night before. No sir. Not our boy. He awoke after two hours and woke his poor mom up at 9:30. I was just turning in myself, and so I got a bottle ready pronto and went in to the lil' demon's room.

Logan made it clear immediately that Daddy was not who he wanted. Did that stop me from trying? No. Hysterical, mind-curdling screeches and thrashing, clawing little hands thwarted all my attempts to soothe him. He was my own private nightmare. It was like trying to soothe a wild bobcat or something. Add to the fact that he's still a bit sick and snotty and I had no shirt on. My hairy chest in all its glory was soaked in snot and drool. Well, Carly obviously came into the room, but I still was determined to win this battle and at least get him to calm down. I did, but he wanted none of what I had to offer in terms of the bottle, so eventually I gave him to Carly. Within two seconds flat he was as quiet and docile as a mouse. Ouch.

Don't worry, Logan woke up in two hours again so I had more chances. And two hours after that too. It wasn't as bad as the first time, but it wasn't pretty either. At 3:30 he seemed awake and wired. I got him to take about 3 ounces, but he still seemed wide awake. I put him down and he cried on and off until 4:15. He woke up this morning three hours later at 7:15.

When will the madness stop?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does he nap during the day?