Monday, February 23, 2009

Can Babies Eat That?

I asked myself that question many times today at lunch. I had a tomato and mayo sandwich first. Baby can eat that. Logan really digs fresh tomatoes. I was still hungry so I grabbed the bag of mediterranean apricots. Baby can eat that. And boy did Logan like 'em. He liked them so much that he nearly bit my finger off...I thought he might have drawn blood. Now apricots and tomatoes aren't all that weird for a baby to eat, but that wasn't all that Logan had for lunch.

I still had a taste for something so I got out the garlic and jalapeno pepper salad that I get at Shnuck's. It's spicy and delicious. It's not stinky garlic, but rather the desensitized kind. Anyway, can baby eat that? Yes. Apparently so. I thought he would turn his nose up at it, but Logan wholeheartedly ate little chunks of garlic and pepper that I baby birded to him (I chewed them up a bit first, then gave them to him). Maybe the reason he loved it so much was because they were in oil or something. I don't know. But I guess babies don't mind spicy things too much. Finally for lunch I ate a few orange-flavored craisins. Logan had a couple bites of those too. Babies can eat Craisins after all. I hadn't known that babies can eat all of this kind of food and like it. Needless to say, it was an interesting lunch.

4 comments:

AAWG said...

It'll be an even more interesting diaper...

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing! Just time it so you hand Logan off to Carly on that one. Be sure to look totally innocent......
;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, why are you encouraging the diabolical diaper drop off, Kind? Thankfully, I dodged this little bundle today. Maybe the jalapenos messed with his timing or something...

Anonymous said...

:)
I just figured that since Eric was "experimenting" with interesting foods, he would TOTALLY do the baby hand off if the diaper situation went to Defcon 5!!

I didn't mean to encourage any diabolical behavior, I swear!!

Aw man, do I have to do a diaper change for penance now? Ok, so be it!!
;)