Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sans Oatmeal

Logan no longer will eat oatmeal...a travesty. Instead, I made him a piece of toast and he easily ate half of it. I got hungry too so I ate the other half, although I think he would've eaten more if I gave it to him.

I've been carefully observing Logan this week and I'm ready to make a bold claim. I think Logan is left-handed. It may be a bit premature to definitely say his left is his dominant hand because he does use his right, but all in all, I'd say he's a lefty. He grabs for his food with his left hand first, and seems to use that hand more than the right. I don't think there are any lefties in my family, but I know Carly's Mom is a lefty so maybe he takes after her.

I'm filled with a sense of pride and chagrin if it turns out Logan's a lefty. I think it's cool to be a lefty, to be a bit unique, supposedly more creative and all that stuff; however, he'll have to deal with the right handed establishment and be forced to adapt to right-handed desks and all that crap. I guess it's tough being special.

5 comments:

AAWG said...

We are pretty sure Nadja is a lefty, too. She has always favored her left hand. Now that she's 4 & learning (sort of) how to read & write, the interesting thing is she goes backwards - she wants to read & write from right to left. She's pretty good w/ her letters but always wants to write them backwards, too. It's like leftys are wired backwards, but they tend to be very smart, so that's good, right?

KSLATZ said...

This inspired me to write a blog on how proud I am to be a left handed person. I am sure Logan and Nadja will enjoy their unique lefty traits as much as I did growing up :)

Anonymous said...

For God's sake, take the boy in the back yard and start teaching him how to pitch immediately! Even if he's below .500 with an ERA over 5.00, I'll bet some major league team will pay him millions as a middle reliever.

Then we can all retire in eighteen or twenty years.

Anonymous said...

We think Evan is left handed too! If he does grab his food with his right hand, he puts it in his left hand to put it in his mouth. Funny, Matt says he should be a pitcher too! ha ha ha ha GO CUBBIES!

Anonymous said...

Lefties are quite adaptable. I am a lefty, so is my aunt Lorene and my cousin Marcia. Jared and Kim are both left handed. Logan, Nadja and Evan will have no problems in a right handed world! I don't know about the pitching stuff but Jared and Kim are great piano players and musicians! I tend to favor the music too! Maybe Logan could be a left handed piano playing pitcher.