Sunday, December 7, 2008

Baptism


Logan was baptized today at our church, The First Congregational United Church of Christ. The ceremony felt all warm and fuzzy and he was a good boy throughout, although during the sermon he was showing off his screechy singing voice. Truly, it was a nice family affair and we felt loved as we stood in front of the church. I feel blessed to have found such an open and affirming church here in DeKalb, and I feel comfortable with our decision to get Logan baptized in the first place.

My relationship to Spirit is an interesting one (and something I'm not going to blog about right now). All I know is that it feels nice to introduce Logan into the mysteries and wonders of religion. I hope he comes to some sort of faith in his life, whatever that may be.

I really appreciated having so much family at the service (especially those who had to travel so far) and it was fun entertaining everyone at our house afterwards even though it stressed Carly out quite a bit. I know Logan relished all the attention this weekend. My only hope is that he sleeps better than last night...the night from Hell. Hopefully the baptism exorcised whatever demon possessed him last night. Ok...enough writing...here's a pic of Logan in his fancy outfit.

1 comment:

AAWG said...

Awww, what a dapper little dude!

Okay, now I am interested - you'll have to blog about your adventures with the Holy Spirit one of these days....