Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gated Community

It was time to put a damper on my baby's youthful exuberance. I s'pose one of a parent's jobs is to be a wet blanket. I have a new appreciation for my parents and what they had to put up with in regards to me.

As I've blogged about, Logan is really movin' around the house. His favorite place to go is the kitchen, something about the cat food bowls and water dish intrigues him. It's been a tiring two days because I can't put him down for more than two seconds before he attempts to make it into the kitchen...then I have to wrangle him...and the look he gives me is priceless.

Another worry in the kitchen was the basement steps. I always nabbed him before he even got close to those, but it was a worry. Now I can relax a bit.

I put up the baby gate at the stairs, and moved the cat food and water bowl into the little mud room on the other side of the gate. The cats are divided about these new arrangements. Earth has hopped over the gate in both directions no problem. She seems fine with this, even excited considering she now has a space to escape from Logan's grabby hands. It's been about 15 minutes since I put the gate up, and Moon is still sitting on the basement side of it, either too scared to attempt the jump, or just not feeling in a jumpy mood. It's silly because Moon is the cat that scales the garage walls in order to get up in the rafters and play in the attic.

Anyway, Logan now has free crawl in the kitchen. I just washed the floors yesterday, so no foreign food matter will go into his mouth. I put the outlet covers in the outlets, and feel like the kitchen is somewhat babyproof.

No comments: