Sunday, December 28, 2008

Who's That Strange Man in My Bedroom?

Last night I got tired of my itchy December beard and decided to use my new Christmas present, a German made Dovo straight razor. Since I've never shaved with a straight razor I made sure to carefully do it so as not to end up like a victim of Sweeney Todd. It went well and now I'm naked on my face.

The reason I'm sharing my shaving exploits is to relate a humorous event that happened when I went to get Logan this morning. He slept in until 8:20 which was nice, and as I opened his door I noticed a reaction on his face that I've never seen before. Logan was hesitant, quizzical, a bit perplexed for a split second. Whenever a man has a beard, then doesn't, it always seems to cause a raised eyebrow or two just because the change does look curious. Logan recognized me, but knew something was different. He smiled big as I picked him up and his tiny hands went straight for my smooth face. I could read the look on his face: "your face feels like my butt, Dad." Anyway, it was a neat little reaction as I start what is hopefully a nice day. The Bears have to win and the Vikings have to lose in order for it to be truly nice.

No comments: