Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mice Stink

After doing some internet research it turns out that mice have some sort of internal GPS system. So my catch and release scheme turned out to be flawed. I let the mouse out in the backyard but I guess he will indeed (thanks Miss Humm) come back inside. I'm supposed to drive the mouse miles away...opinions differ, but the farther the better.

Not coincidentally, I think we caught the same mouse this morning. Around 5:00 a.m. we heard the trap wriggling and sure enough a mouse was in it. Was it the same mouse? A new mouse? I don't know. But I let that one out in the backyard too. So chances are, we'll be catching them again until I do this right or decide to snap their little necks with a trap. What would Logan do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't snap his little neck :(. I took my Christmas mouse out far away and tossed him in snow, which was frozen so I probably snapped his neck anyway. Drive him out by a barn so you know he will find a nice warm nook with hay and stuff. Just make sure he doesn't get out inside your car!!!

KSLATZ said...

bring the mouse over to Nita's house and let it out in her back yard. Sounds like she likes mice!