Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Aside

I have an electric toothbrush and it takes 2 minutes to brush...a satisfying buzz let's me know when time is up. I also floss and gargle so my whole teeth routine takes around 4 minutes or so. Let's say that's a half hour a week devoted to brushing, flossing, etc. That works out to two hours a month, and 24 hours a year. So out of every year, I devote an entire day's worth of time to my teeth.

This blows my mind for some reason. You know that song from RENT...525,600 minutes...how do you measure a year...well, if you were really scientific about it, a year's worth of time is devoted to a lot of mundane tasks. How long do we spend going to the bathroom per year, I wonder?

The point is what? I don't know...be in the moment and make mundane tasks fun somehow? I've been feeling a bit aimless as of late, not knowing what to do with myself. I'm sort of addicted to this dumb game on facebook called Mob Wars...all you do is click a button that says "do job." It's a complete waste of time, but I keep wasting my time. There's so many better things to do, but for some reason I can't seem to get my act together. I want to go outside and take a walk and not freeze. Maybe that's the problem. Or as my eighth grade teacher would say, at least I think it was eighth grade, A.Y.A., Adjust Your Attitude. Alright, I've rambled enough...I feel better now.

No comments: