Friday, January 30, 2009

Don't Spit Food at Dad

Logan has this endearing habit. He likes to blow raspberries when he is getting fed rice cereal. We've tried to discourage the habit, but sometimes it's so funny that we can't help but laugh at the silly boy. Logan knows that we have mixed emotions about it so he continues to purse those little lips on occasion when he is getting fed. Today, I decided to put some orange juice into his rice cereal instead of the normal apple or banana. He didn't seem too keen on it at first, but eventually he ate a few spoonfuls. And then, he decided he didn't want anymore. That's when he blew out a big mouthful and spat it all on his father, coating my pants, shirt, and face with a slurry of rice cereal, formula, and orange juice. I didn't find it very funny this time. I told him "no" sternly, and he pursed his little lip. Did he stop spitting his food at me? No. But Daddy soon wised up and just stopped feeding him.

No comments: