Monday, January 26, 2009

Gross Post: Readers Beware

Logan woke up this morning not feeling so well, greeting his mother by puking up a small bit of something gross...it was vomit...not your typical spit-up. I don't know if he got some bad food or if this is a symptom of him cutting his two top teeth, but he obviously doesn't feel well because he was not interested in a bottle this morning and he allowed himself to be cuddled. It was like he was a newborn again. Logan actually was able to relax with me in the bed and we fell asleep for another hour or so. It was nice.

When Logan woke up he seemed in a good mood and I thought I'd be smart and circumvent the whole diaper changing drama, so instead of on the changing table, I took off his diaper in the bedroom first. Bad idea. He plopped some poop on the ground as I moved him to the changing table, and it was runny and gross. No big deal though, it happens, right?

He seemed fine during the morning and took a nap later. When he woke up I put him in a disposal diaper for some reason and headed off to the YMCA. I dropped him off in the kidzone and started to do my workout. About 30 minutes later one of the staff tapped me on the shoulder and said Logan had had a dirty diaper. Crap. Literally. Of course I didn't bring the diaper bag or a change of clothes for him. This was more than just a dirty diaper however. It was a complete blow out! Diarrhea from hell. Sure, the majority of it was able to get tossed out in the disposal, thank God, but I still had to contend with the poop all over his legs and back and front. His pants were covered but since it's like 10 degrees outside I felt obligated to put them back on him before we left. Anyway, we left the Y and I gave him a bath at home, cleaning him up and giving him some snuggles and kisses. He's down for his second nap today without a huge fuss so maybe he can sleep off whatever it is that is affecting him.

No comments: